Protein Chemist: Some specific and future responsibilities include:
- Formulation of concepts and models to drive experimental decisions and to explain results
- Design, execution, analysis, and organization of experiments
- Protein Isolation from complex matrices
- Development of Aptamer-Protein detection systems.
- Creating protein-aptamer conjugates.
- Detection of Proteins in complex matrices using a variety of detection techniques.
- The position will involve the utilization of fluorescent DNA nucleobase mimics for the characterization of aptamers structurally and their ability to interact with proteins.
The candidate should have demonstrated experience in Protein Chemistry and an interest in industrial product development settings. Specific requirements include:
- Experience in protein purification and protein detection systems.
- A background in nucleic acid chemistry and aptamer development would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of organic synthesis
- Experience working with industry partners and meeting tight deadlines
- Extensive experience with laboratory protocols and safety
- Highly creative, motivated, organized, and execution-oriented
- Demonstrated consistent ability to learn, apply creativity, and solve problems
- Demonstrated planning and prioritization skills